Van Wyck’s Academy of Music
210-212 Main Street, corner of Martin's Lane, Norfolk, VA (now 109 E. Main Street)
Opened: September, 1880 (Henry Dubois Van Wyck)
Destroyed (fire): April 4, 1930, subsequently demolished*
* Remnants of the original bulding exist within the rebuilt Selden Arcade which utilized salvaged bricks (extant).
12 Granby Street (NW corner of Main and Granby), Norfolk, VA
Built: 1867-68 (Edmund Lind, architect )*
Wilde's room: No. 134
Destroyed (fire): January 31, 1902
* The second of three hotels in Norfolk with this name.The first on Main Street between Gray and Bank was destroyed by fire on January 8, 1867. The third which replaced Wilde's hotel, was demolished in th 1970s.
Public Ledger (Norfolk, VA), July 10, 1882, 1