O Street, Lincoln, Nebraska between 9th and 10th Streets c. 1878, with paving and sidewalk under construction.
Wilde's lecture venue is the pale colored buildng, center, with the words CITY HALL on the ornament of the north facing cornice.
The two-story high second floor was a concert hall.
Picture credit: Ed Zimmer, Historic Preservation Planner, Lincoln/Lancaster County Planning Dept.
221-243 N. Ninth Street (south-west corner of Ninth and Q Streets), Lincoln, NE
Built: 1880 (J. S. Atwood, builder)
Premises: the largest hotel in Nebraska at the time of its construction; capacity: c. 250 guests
Later known as: Opelt (or Opelt's) Hotel (Joseph Opelt, landlord), 1886
Picture credit: Archive Images of Lincoln Nebraska